Check out our Diaper Bank for students!
Project Opportunity Staff
- School Counselor, HS
- Hourly Band 1
Ella habla Español | [email protected]
Project Opportunity is a program that supports pregnant and parenting students to secure a high school diploma and to become nurturing, self-sufficient parents. Our motto embraces the philosophy of being a parent, remaining a student at Bryant High School. A component of Project Opportunity is Jobs for Virginia Graduates (JVG).
JVG provides college/career readiness training that teaches skills to build a career, enter the workforce, attend college and devise a post -secondary plan.
Students will obtain an accredited high school diploma via general education studies.
- Small classes with individual attention.
- Child development and life planning classes
- Focused on raising emotional and physical healthy children and life skills to be self-sufficient.
- Earn high school and college credit in Early Childhood careers.
- Transportation via FCPS school buses; taxis for Bel Center students only.
- Assistance with child care via Office for Children (OFC).
- Homebound services (childbirth to 6/8 weeks of age).
- Interaction with community service agencies (Health Dept., OFC, Dept. of Family Services, Housing, as well as parenting teen organizations (Lean on Us Unity, Generation Hope, Parenting Education Program).
- Individual and group counseling
- Bryant Mentoring Program.
- Cultural activities and services aimed at promoting mother/child bond.
- Career/job readiness training that teaches skills to build a career and enter the workforce.
- Post secondary planning for life after graduation; NOVA’s Pathway to Baccalaureate and Adult Career Pathways.