Bryant High School, a fully accredited alternative high school, serves students in grades 9 – 12. Students apply to attend Bryant High School from 14 neighboring high schools in Fairfax County Public Schools. Bryant provides a challenging and accepting learning environment designed to provide the necessary support for students to grow personally, academically and professionally.
Bryant High School inspires and empowers a diverse student population to earn a high school diploma in a non-traditional setting.
- Several of our shared values are:
- Mutual respect and caring interpersonal relationships lead to increased student self-esteem.
- Small and supportive classes allow individualized instruction.
- Flexible scheduling and specialized programs accommodate home, academic, and work requirements of our students.
- A variety of teaching strategies and assessment techniques promotes high academic achievement while providing for different learning styles.
- Vocational, technical, and career training prepares students to pursue further education and career paths.
FCPS Sponsored Inter-Agency School (IAS) Programs
The Interagency Alternative School (IAS) programs are a group of small programs in the continuum of the Nontraditional School Programs in Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS). The Interagency Alternative School programs provide staff, materials, and direction to four types of programs at various locations in Fairfax County. Some of these programs are co-funded with other public agencies. This cooperative interagency effort meets the needs of the whole child.