Welcome to Bryant High School!
We're excited to welcome our newest students!
We are a Fairfax County Public School located in Alexandria, Virginia!
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Bryant igh School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are new to Bryant High School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS.
To join Bryant High School, first determine which school is your base high school (Annandale HS, Hayfield SS, Justice HS, Lake Braddock SS, Lee HS, Mount Vernon HS, South County HS, West Potomac HS, or West Springfield HS) by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
- If your base high school is Centreville HS, Chantilly HS, Fairfax HS, Falls Church HS, Herndon HS, Langley HS, Madison HS, Marshall HS, Mclean HS, Oakton HS, Robinson SS, South Lakes HS, Westfield HS, Woodson HS), your school will be Bryant High School. Please visit the Mountain View High School website to begin the enrollment process.
If you do meet the criteria above and would like to enroll at Bryant High School, please fill out our new student registration inquiry form. This form will be submitted to Claudia Caballero, our school registrar, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
Please submit this form in English.
17 Year Old Students
- Before sending a request to the Non-Traditional School Programs office to transfer a student to Bryant High School, communication between the counselors or administrators from both the base school and Bryant High School must take place to determine appropriateness of placement.
- The base school completes the NonTraditional Schools Programs Elective Placement Form and forwards it to the Non-Traditional School Programs office for approval. A copy of the Nontraditional Schools Program Elective Placement Form and all required documentation are faxed or sent to Bryant High School.
- Upon receipt of an approval letter from the Non-Traditional Schools Programs office and after Bryant has received the aforementioned paperwork, the parent may call for an appointment to register the student at Bryant .
- Project Opportunity (Pregnant & Parenting Teen Program) students must follow the above procedures.
Students Age 18 or Older
- Approval from the Non-Traditional Schools Programs office is not required.
- Upon receipt of the student’s discipline file, a current transcript, SOL test scores, and immunization record, the student may call for an appointment to register.
- If the student is denied enrollment, all records will be returned to the base school.
Students Receiving Special Education Services (Age 17 and above)
- Placement at Bryant is determined by the IEP team. The student’s base school must initiate an IEP, and a representative from the Bryant Special Education Department must attend.
- Prior to the IEP meeting, the base school must send to Bryant a copy of the current IEP, current eligibility packet, updated Fairfax County Public Schools transcript, SOL test scores, discipline file, immunizations, and attendance records.
Hearings Office Placements
- If a student is placed at Bryant HIgh School, an entry conference must be held between the student, the parent and the principal of Bryant High School. The student’s discipline file, a current transcript, SOL test scores, and immunization record must be received before this conference is held.
- If the student is eligible for special education services, placement also requires an IEP team decision.
New Student Registration Forms
- Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
- View the forms required for enrolling a student in FCPS.
Please contact Claudia Caballero at email@example.com.
Are You Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or In Addition to English?
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Do You Have Special Registration Situations?
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.