School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Bryant High School
Dr. Christopher S. Larrick, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Math
For students attending school 70% of the time, they will demonstrate growth between the Math Inventory pre and post assessments.
- The Math Department/CTs will be provided common planning time through the master schedule.
- Staff will create targeted Advisories for math support and review of Algebra 1 standards.
- Staff will regularly reinforce Algebra 1 strategies and concepts in all math classes.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Science
For students attending school 70% of the time, they will demonstrate growth between the Jefferson Lab pre and post curriculum assessments.
- The Science Department/CTs will focus on CT collaboration and development.
- Geosystems will align its longitudinal planning to incorporate multiple map literacies identified through state SOL blueprints to increase student engagement.
- The Science Department will incorporate more consistent use of standards based formative and summative assessments.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Attendance
The chronic absenteeism rate will decrease by 15% during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Bryant High School will staff a full time On-Time Graduation and Attendance Coordinator for the 2019-2020 school year.
Bryant High School will implement a 35 minute Advisory/Homeroom Period at the start of each school day.
- School staff will create and sustain a culturally responsive school climate that is equitable for all students.
Bryant High School will implement a “staff to student” mentoring program during each semester of the school year.